Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday - my mom edition

In celebration of Mother's Day, which was this past weekend, I decided to write a Thankful Thursday post about my mom.  I am SOOOO very thankful of my mother who...

... sacrifices every second Wednesday night of her life to come over to my place after work to give the boys supper, play, and put them to bed so that Greg and I can go out for a date.

... eats my sucky leftovers on aforementioned Wednesday nights and doesn't complain.

... emails and calls regularly to catch up on the news and check in on the boys.

... spoils the boys by coming home with 2 outfits each and 2 pairs of pyjamas each for them from her cruise.

... buys Asher used puzzles at bake sales because she knows he loves them.

... picks up a pair of sandals for me for Levi that she saw when she was out shopping.

... invites me over to supper at her house regularly and even tries to cook vegetarian options for me.

... bakes tea biscuits and potatoes when we're coming for aforementioned supper because she knows my guys love them.

... sends us home with enough vegetable leftovers to blend up days worth of baby food for Levi.

... laughs at Levi when he blows raspberries at her when he's eating and gets food all over her.

... attends and helps out with not only one, but two birthday parties for Asher.

... cleans up all the mess at aforementioned birthday party that 8 toddlers eating brunch leave behind.

... helps us financially send Asher to his preschool 2 mornings a week, and never questions this decision.

... regularly has the boys over for sleep overs at Nana's house; Asher calls the spare room "my room" at her house.

... lets Asher eat too much cheese, and have too many treats when he goes to her house.  And likewise also sneaks little licks of birthday cake icing to Levi when I'm not looking.  Is this not what Nana's are for?


And she does all of these things regularly and with a smile on her face, thankful for the opportunity to love her family.  I couldn't be half the mother I am if it weren't for her love, support, and encouragement. 

We love you, Mom!

2 comments:

AIM said...

Love this post. Your Mom is awesome ... will she adopt me??? xx

mom said...

Thank you for those kind words, they really mean alot to hear. I remember that it wasn't until I beame a Mom myself that I realized how hard a job it is, but very rewarding. Family is always important And I love mine very much. Thank you again.
You know I enjoy all my time spent with Asher and Levi and I wish i could be there more to help out when days are tough.
love Mom