Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm glad I didn't miss that!

Today as I was feeding Levi lunch, he continuously dropped things on the floor for me to pick up.  This is a cute game at first, but quickly becomes tiring and annoying!  However, about half way through lunch, Levi started waving at me.  I've noticed him doing this the past few days, but I wasn't really sure if he was actually waving or just flapping his arms, which he does a lot.  Today during lunch, I would wave at him, and then very deliberately he would move his hand and arm to wave back at me.  We did this back and forth about a dozen times.  It was so cool to feel like we were actually communicating in a new way.

I'm so glad I didn't miss that - Levi's first wave!

1 comment:

erin said...

I love these posts, great idea!

I'm glad you didn't miss that too. I can imagine that felt really great to be communicating at this new level.