Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm glad I didn't miss that!

I go through these phases where I question if I'm making the "best" choice for my kids by staying home with them.  This surfaces usually after a particularly bad day, on either my part or from the boys.  When I'm short on patience, when I haven't had time/energy/motivation to plan fun or educational activities for the kids, when Asher's been disciplined 100 times in one day for the same behavior and it's not improving, when I struggle with wanting things we can't afford now that we're on one income.... these things make me question my decision.  In my heart of hearts I do believe this is the best thing for me, and for my family, but I do need reminders of that sometimes.  I have a couple lovely SAHM friends in the same boat, and I know I wouldn't have the perspective if it weren't for their listening ear and comforting words.  Thank God for friends!

So as a reminder to myself I decided to start a regular post on my blog entitled "I'm glad I didn't miss that!".  I hope that by being able to document and look back on simple little moments that I was here to witness with my children, I will be encouraged in my decision to stay at home.

So for this first "I'm glad I didn't miss that!" post;

Greg had come home after work and quickly gone out to vote.  When Asher asked where he was at, I told him; "Papa's voting".  I didn't offer any more explanation than that.

When Greg came home a short while later, Asher exclaimed; "Papa are you all done floating?"

And I'm glad I didn't miss that!

3 comments:

Aunt Aunge said...

lol, we took Brooke with us to vote and she asked where the water was.. I was so confused.. ha-ha and then realised she hear "boat" :-)

mel said...

What a fabulous errand that would be to fit into your day!

I love the idea behind your new category of posts. You have a gift for finding ways to be deliberate in your parenting and relationships, Mandi.

Andrea Cook said...

haha Rachel kept asking us where the boat was.