Sunday, March 27, 2011

Funny things Asher has said that I don't want to forget

(and all in the past week)


As Asher is scratching something that is stuck on his chin - leftover lunch that I didn't get when I cleaned his face - he has a confused look on his face. He says to me "Mama, is that my beard?". When I say, "No, you don't have a beard buddy" he replies with "Oh yeah, only Papa has a beard"


For the first time this week Asher watched a Veggie Tales movie. Getting this title confused with one of his favorite snacks, he has been asking to watch "Veggie Straws" again all week.

(This next story is rated PG 13 - I apologize in advance.)

As Asher was sitting on the potty one afternoon, he happened to notice his testicles. Curious, he asked me, "Mama is that part of my bum?". I explained that the body part he was wondering about was indeed not a part of his bum but was called his testicles. Asher went on to explain, "Look Mama, it has roads on it" pointing to the lines and creases that he saw. "Yes buddy, it does look like roads" - what more could I really say to that?


And this is what makes life with a toddler interesting...

2 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed that! Too cute...

Greg (papa) said...

I believe I am suppose to step in here somewhere to protect my son's man-ulinity experiences from being made public like this. Or at least exaggerate the story a little bit for his benefit. :)