Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thankful Thursday

"An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by its own fullness, not by its reception"
Harold Loukes


Something about this quote brings a sense of peace to me. Perhaps it's because I don't always feel like I'm good at showing love to others, or because I've lost touch with people I care about, or because I struggle to find the right words to say to express my care, especially at important moments. Perhaps this is especially true because this week my husband has been a dream to me, and I have not been a dream to him in return. Naps, sleep-ins, back rubs, chores around the house, fixing random things that I break, giving me time away - he's been so good to me, and for that I'm so grateful. It brings peace to know that my heart, and my attempts at love, are worth something.


Love to you especially, Greg.

1 comment:

E said...

That is so beautiful! I hope your husband gets to read this too. :) Though I'm sure he already knows how much you appreaciate him. Are you a bit worried about his return to work? Praying for you that it works out well.