Monday, December 20, 2010

Lately I have been...

... feeling restless and sometimes bored despite having lots to do

... not doing much of the things I "should" be doing

... wrapping Christmas presents

... having the occasional evening glass of red wine

... worrying about how I will manage when Greg goes back to work in a couple of weeks

... but also looking forward to Greg going back to work so I can have my space again

... potty training the toddler, with some success and some accidents

... eating too many cookies, and too much cheese (although not at the same time)

... considering registering Levi for swimming lessons in the new year (I started with Asher when he was 3 and a half months old!)

... anticipating with both sadness and excitement the day when Asher will start preschool in January (it's just one morning a week, but that's a big step)

... looking forward to seeing my dear friend Erin soon

... experiencing blocked milk ducts on and off

... receiving physiotherapy treatment for said blocked milk duct, which seemed to have some positive results, but didn't fully resolve the problem

... wondering if I should hold onto my baby stuff as Levi grows out of it or find a place to store it

... sleeping more at night as Levi is consistently sleeping through until about 5 AM

... reading too many books at once

... wishing my hair would just hurry up and grow a little bit more

... looking forward to Christmas morning

3 comments:

mel said...

My friend! Red wine and cookies and cheese sounds entirely appropriate and fully deserved after all the hard mama-work you've been doing! And if you ever need someone to help you out with the baked brie, you know who to call. (^_^) Oh, and also: you still look fabulous in that haircut.

(Love the pretty blog template, by the way.)

erin said...

Awwwwww I'm looking forward to seeing you too dear friend - I seriously just got teary at that.

Trevor and I are sitting here wondering what physiotherapy for a blocked milk duct entails. I wish I could show you what Trevor just did.. ha ha ha

And I say hold onto the baby clothes - just in case, you never know ;) I can give you the code to our garage, and you can sneak some stuff in there when Jason isn't home some time :)

Love you!

Andrea Cook said...

i remember how horrified i was when andrew had to go back to work but it all worked out better than i expected. I was so scared that i wouldn't be able to handle two kids at one time all by myself but it was just fine!! Once you get into a routine (which is easier once he gets back to work)things will run smoothly..so try not to be too scared about it, you'll do great!