Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm home!

Last week we took a 5 day trip to visit my family in a neighboring province. During that time we...


... discovered that Levi is an AMAZING traveller. He slept literally the entire drive (it's 5 hours one way, without stopping). He, unfortunately, did not sleep so great at night.

... were thankful for borrowing a friends portable DVD player to entertain Asher in the car.

... had a great couple talk time during our drive.

... enjoyed time with my dad especially, whom Asher calls "pops". They have a very special little relationship that was awesome to watch.

... had great visits with my grandmothers, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was lovely to catch up and have my boys meet and interact with the people who are my roots, my history.

... did a Christmas gift exchange and Asher has been loving his new front loader tractor ever since.

... laid off potty training Asher - it's bad enough having him pee on our floors, let alone someone else's.

... realized that Asher is a homebody. Around day 3 he started saying "I want to go to my house now".

... ate way too much junk food.

... drank Tim Horton's coffee everyday (I was very glad to come home to my fair trade organic yummy goodness).

... took lots of pictures, but have yet to upload any of them (sorry about that!)

... enjoyed the break from the everyday routine of life here.

... got along better with my husband than I have in months.

... was reminded that I am blessed to have my family, and am grateful for where I come from.

2 comments:

erin said...

LOVE the new blog look and updated pic! So thankful for lots in your post. Glad you got a break, had some connecting times with many, are feeling renewed and thankful, AND that you're back to your fair trade yumminess...I hear ya on that! Much love to you buddy....

mel said...

Whoa, PINK!

Glad you all got back in one piece and still loving each other. (^_^) I know what you mean about the coffee ... we had a few weeks of missing fair trade at church and drinking Maxwell House instead. BLECH. I'm pretty sure it's flavoured with cigarettes. YUCK.

Welcome back. (^_^)