Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Some things this week I am grateful for are...


... for quiet moments rocking Levi to sleep, and actually being able to be present in that. Instead of focusing on the laundry or dishes downstairs, or any other of life's demands. Just experiencing the simpleness of the moment. The warmth of Levi's breath on my chest, the weight of his body against mine, the smell of his hair, the calmness of the room, the motion of gentle rocking, the quiet change that happens in his body as I feel him fall asleep, the safety and comfort he derives from the familiarity of me. Mothering is beautiful.


... for the boys having extra long naps on Tuesday.


... for Asher getting some of his pee's in the potty and not all on the floor (yay potty training!)


... for a friend that said, "it's okay to not be good at something you've never done before". I needed to hear that.


... the gladness and pride that fills my heart when I hear Asher say "thank you".


... for running again, and the encouragement and motivation of several friends in that process.

No comments: