Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday Journey

Once upon a time I was a bitter and negative soul who felt often stressed out and incompetent. I didn't see the good things in life, and focused on the challenges and hardships. This made me resentful and jealous. This also created a wall in many relationships and darkened my heart. I embarked on a gratitude journey at that point, with the guidance of a counselor, and it changed my life.

I see myself slipping back into that space many days now, and I don't like how it feels. I feel the longing to experience life gratefully again - to see the challenges realistically, but to see the wonder and blessings in my life deliberately again. And so this idea came to me, and today is the start.

Each Thursday I am going to write a Thankful Thursday post. This may included a quote that struck me, a thought or idea or observation about gratefulness that I had, or a list or photo of things I'm grateful for. I hope this encourages me to be purposeful about living life with gratitude again.



"In our daily lives we must see that it is not the happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy"
Albert Clarke

2 comments:

mel said...

Beautiful, friend. May "Thankful Thursdays" change your life again!

erin said...

awesome idea! Aren't counsellors wonderful :) Where would we be without them? ha ha ha (which reminds me, you've read too many of my papers - you spelled it with only one "l") Blessings to you on this new journey, and thank you for allowing all of us journey along side of you!