Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm 30!


And this year for my birthday I got...


... a cold


... a full nights sleep (THANK YOU MOM! This was by far one of the best gifts you could have given us!)


... lots of cards, emails, phone calls, and gifts from family and friends (even homemade fudge - yum!)


... supper cooked for me (nice effort, dear!)


... a really good haircut, which I went back to have one small spot touched up, and that led to a really bad haircut (I'm bringing the mushroom cut back apparently)


... a mini crisis about my body/look/image/style (a sacrifice I make as a stay-at-home-mom, happily, but sometimes it gets to me)


... a new pair of jeans (that fit NOW)


... a ladies night out on the town


... 4 blisters on my feet


... good food, good company, good friends, dancing, too many martini's, and way too much fun


... a reputation as a fugitive (by skipping out on the cover charges at bars with my partner in crime)


... a mini hangover


... a blocked milk duct (not fun!)


... 2 bouquets of flowers


... skor cheesecake birthday cake


... a 3 in front of my age!



Thanks for all the love, support, and care many of you have given me during the big 3-0 celebration. It has meant the world to me!

3 comments:

mel said...

I love that picture with the fam and the flaming cake -- so great! And even though you don't like it, the picture showcases your smokin' hot haircut nicely. (^_^)

Happy 30, friend!

erin said...

agreed, I was just going to say that the hair looks hot!

I was reading this to Jason, and he said excitedly "she's going to have a backlog of milk?!?!" You two I swear :)

Glad you had such a great birthday! Thought of you lots dear friend.... Happy 30th birthday!! I'll be joining you in that age category in only a few short months...

Mandi said...

Thanks for the compliments on the hair ladies - I'm still not sold on it, but it's getting to feel like less of a crisis.

Thanks for all your birthday lovin's!