Thursday, September 9, 2010

2 weeks

In the past 2 weeks I have...


... given birth, and made more strange noises than I ever thought humanly possible doing so


... had 2 "most embarrassing" moments, one involving 2 nurses and a flash light in search of my urethra, and another involving an overly active reaction to some stool softeners


... cried myself sick with worry over Levi's low blood sugar and stay in the NICU


... lost 20 pounds


... produced a lot of breast milk, and worn many an ounce of it


... lost too many hours of sleep to count


... fought with my husband more than I would have liked to over things that don't really matter


... been frustrated with our breastfeeding issues involving a screaming, crying infant for reasons yet unknown (possible causes on the table: thrush, over active let down reflex, gas, acid reflux)


... been lonely and teary and hurting for various reasons


... wiped my 2-year olds nose a million times


... watched said sick 2-year old with equal parts caution and joy begin to want to love and cuddle his new brother


... hobbled around due to back pain and had my first chiropractor's appointment


... fallen more and more in love with the 2 little boys that reside in my house


... started to define a new normal that still seems really scary and unknown to me



Welcome to our world Levi - I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since you arrived. My world has changed so much in that short time, and you have been worth every last second of it!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I understand the crying because of ICU! Can we take Asher to the park some morning?

Debie said...

hey, how was the chiropracter? did the first visit help any?

Love the new block look. Very reflective of your life right now, if you ask me. :o)

Levi is a doll, and Asher is adorable! You've scored!!

Hopefully live will be great soon with your new normal. It takes time, but not much, to forget what the old normal was. Been there. :o)

erin said...

wow, you've got a lot going on missy... did you just have a baby or something? :) Love you friend... you're doing a rockin' job at this new transition, just like I knew you would. Enjoy, eat lots of chips, and freak out when necessary :)

mb said...

In the past 2 weeks....

- I have missed you lots.
- feel privileged to meet the new man in your life
- find myself thinking about my own girls at the stage Asher & Levi are in
- find myself thankful that I am no longer in that stage because I'm not the best mother of infants
- find myself missing you a lot
- have I mentioned I miss you?