Friday, July 30, 2010

Prenatal visit #8


Date: July 29, 2010 = 35 weeks pregnant

baby boo's heart rate = 130 (start of monitoring) up to 160 (once he started moving around)

weight = 173.2 lbs

blood pressure = 106/66 low, but normal

urine = no issues

belly measurements = on target (she didn't tell me the number of cm and I forgot to ask)


- today I got to do my strep B test, which meant swabbing all my nether-regions to see if I carry this virus (some women do and some just don't). I didn't have it last time with Asher, but it doesn't mean I won't have it this time as it's something that can just flare up from time to time.

- the Doctor initially couldn't tell if the baby was still head down or not as it also seemed like his head was up near the top of my uterus. Based on where I'm experiencing kicks and after further feeling around, she's pretty sure he is head down. I've been nervous she's wrong ever since!

- since my Doctor is on vacation for our next appointment in 2-weeks, I will be seen by a colleague of hers. I've never seen another OB/GYN so this will be an interesting experience. After this next appointment I move up to weekly appointments.

- it's officially signed, sealed and delivered - we're doing the cord blood banking for this baby's precious stem cells that are in his umbilical cord. I've got my box here and ready to go for when delivery time comes!

- I started really getting things ready for this baby this week, doing laundry, cleaning his room, organizing, etc. A friend helped and I couldn't be more thankful! I still feel like I have so much to do before he comes, but I'm trying to remind myself that all I really need are some diapers, car seat, sleepers and crib, right?

- I bought the letters to spell the baby's name for his room, but Greg has asked me not to paint them yet. I think he's not sure we're committed to the name, but I thought we were. And yes it's true, if you ask Asher, or mention anything about his baby brother, he will tell you his name. I have kept to MY promise not to share the name, but Asher has had other plans, I guess. Many people have found out this way. Whether Greg feels we're committed or not, Asher definitely has decided we are!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

strep B, fun stuff...i had it with Rachel but was shocked to find out i didn't with Samantha.

Don't worry about having a differenct OB...it's not that big of a deal..i can't even count the amount of doctors of Ob's that i've seen. With rachel i had one in NB then when i moved to QC it was a clinic of 4 doctors and you saw most of them..whoever was at the hospital when you were in labour is who you got. With Sam i had my family doctor then several other OB's at the office near the end of the pregnancy. With this one there are two midwives that you see one then the other alternating months.

There is a site called spinningbabies and it talks about belly mapping and might help you figure out how the baby is positioned?? Can't believe how close your getting!!so exciting!