Sunday, July 25, 2010

My voice...

... audibly is very high pitched and sounds much too young for my age


... internally speaks more wisdom than anyone would ever know


... is so loud that sometimes I can't even hear myself think


... is so quiet that sometimes I can't even hear its' sound in the midst of my life


... is so powerful that I do not feel I fully understand what it is capable of


... is so weak that sometimes I am ashamed at it's lack of courage


... is so foreign that sometimes I don't even recognize it


... is so familiar that it has become background noise


... is motherly, yet needs mothering; is kind, yet judgemental; is patient, yet quick to anger; is big, yet so small; is wise, yet has so much to learn; initiates change, yet is so complacent; easily complains, yet is full of gratitude...


What is my voice?

How do I find it when I need it most?

What does it say when I let it speak?

What does this say about me, and who I am?

How does it define me?

Where is the room for the Still Small Voice that I need to hear in the midst of all that?

1 comment:

erin said...

beautiful friend. well put!