Friday, May 21, 2010

My Day Off Recap

So I had my big Mother's Day off gift this week on Wednesday and I wanted to tell you all about how lovely it was.

It's basically impossible to actually sleep in with the boys here, but the good thing is I didn't have to jump out of bed when Asher started chattering. I woke up around 7:15 and laid and read for a bit. What a nice way to start the day.

After showering and breakfast, Greg needed to go over a million details with me.

For starters he didn't know what to make for supper and wanted some help. I joked that I don't call him every day asking what I could make for supper - but that didn't really get a laugh. So I wrote out step by step instructions on how to make black bean quesadilla's and sweet potato fries. Greg has never made either of these things before, but I thought it seemed simple enough. We'll see!


Then there was the chore list to go over with Greg. Now normally I wouldn't do ALL of these things in one day, but I had to take advantage of the situation here. Needless to say, Greg was going to have a full day on his hands.


He started the dusting and vacuuming before I left. Good thing Asher likes to "help vacuum" or this could have been a long morning.


As I got ready to leave, somebody wanted to come with me...


... but it was a NO DEAL! I snuck out, happy to be on my merry way.


I have no pictures of my day out, but it goes something like this:

9:45 - left the house

10:00 - 11:15 - coffee by myself at a lovely coffee shop on a comfy couch reading a new book

11:30 - 1:30 - lunch at a fabulous French bakery with a dear, sweet friend. Amazing food, amazing dessert, and even better conversation and company!

2:00 - 4:45 - cuddled up to watch a movie with another sweet friend. The movie, Good Hair, wasn't amazing, but it was such a relaxing no brainer afternoon. Just what I needed.

5:00 - I came home to this...


The boys making supper and a clean house. What a dream!

Greg's report is that he was pretty pooped out and didn't really sit down, except for 15 minutes during Asher's nap. News flash: that is my life every day!

It was an amazing Mother's Day gift and I couldn't have asked for a better day to myself. I could easily go for a day like this once a month and be quite happy. Thank you Greg and Asher!

5 comments:

mel said...

I'm laughing at the picture of you by the door -- it looks like a "first day of school" shot!

Glad your day off was as great as you hoped it would be ... and that you got the satisfaction of Greg being tired out from the role reversal. (^_^)

Greg (papa) said...

All I can say is I'm glad this contract had a clearly defined end date.

...I like the picture of Asher watching me from the couch, I'm sure he was thinking "you're doing it wrong...that's not the way mama does it!!". Especially since mama wasn't around to say it. :)

mel said...

You're a good sport, Greg!

Erin said...

Very cool gift Greg! So I noticed she dropped the hint of wanting this to happen once a month, any takers? :)

Glad you got to have this day to yourself, and do things that you enjoy.

I'm still not sure how Greg got all of that stuff completed...impressive Lawson!

Mandi said...

Mel - it does sort of have that feel, that first picture, doesn't it? Funny! Greg tired = me happy!

Greg - I would really like this contract again!

Erin - Speaking of takers, you're home for July and August huh? :)