Monday, April 19, 2010

prenatal visit #3



Date: April 19 = 20.5 weeks pregnant

baby boo's heartbeat = 140 BPM

weight = 150.9 lbs (that's almost 6 pounds this month - ouch! I guess that 24 hour all you can eat buffet on the cruise is showing it's effects! I take solace in the fact that I've gained only 15 lbs so far and I'm already over half way there - that's not so bad)

blood pressure = perfect


- I now get to pee in a cup (aka pee on my hand) every prenatal visit.

- The results from my ultrasound: it's a boy! The placenta is perfect and is in a good location, and the baby looks healthy.

- Still have to repeat that Hep B blood work, and will do that this week. I had to wait until it had been 4 weeks since my last TwinRix vaccine, which it now has.

- Baby boo was moving around quite a bit as the doctor was trying to listen to his heart rate. I guess we have an active little boy in there!

- Asher has been saying, since we had the appointment, "hear baby". It's pretty cute!

- I inquired into what my chances of having this baby early were, since Asher came a week ahead of schedule, and it's just a guessing game. The Doctor said I probably won't be late, but history means nothing in predicting when this boy joins the world!

- The tiny bit of spotting that I had a few weeks ago is nothing at all to worry about - fewf!


4 comments:

Erin said...

ahhh you mean what are the chances of you having him early because your good pal wants to meet this boy before she heads south again :)

You look wonderful buddy! Thanks for the update....

Mandi said...

Nice one :)

Andrea said...

lol.i definately learned that even though the first comes before the due date doesn't mean the second will! Rachel wasn't as early as asher just a few days early but i had to be induced with sammy!! I've enjoyed looking at your pictures from you cruise..looked wonderful!!

Mandi said...

Andrea - thanks for sharing your experience with due dates and delivery times. I was really hoping it meant this baby would come early! I guess it's still possible that he could!
Thanks for checking out, and commenting, on the blog. It's fun for me to share and glad to know people are actually reading! :)