Thursday, March 25, 2010

Shore Excursions

Oh my gosh, we will be on our cruise in 2 more sleeps! I'm so excited it's crazy! I still feel like there's a lot to do in between now and when we get to enjoy our dream vacation - but it doesn't matter. In 2 more sleeps, I will be on that cruise anyways!

I've been super pumped about our shore excursions that we booked about a week ago, and I've been dying to share the details with you all.

We have several days where we are just on our cruise ship. I plan on doing lots of sleeping, eating, reading and entertaining these days. It'll be nice to have no agenda, and no where to go except the pool!

On our first stop in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands we're doing a bus tour of the area, which is a major international financial center (read: this place has more banks than it does people). We also visit a dolphin aquarium as part of the tour and travel to a local town named "Hell". I guess it's named that after some crazy Limestone rock formations. Who knows. I guess we'll find out!


Our second stop in port is to Roatan, Honduras, which apparently has amazing beaches. We would have loved to gone scuba diving while there, but it's a no deal while I'm pregnant. So instead we booked a snorkeling adventure at a ship wreck and coral reef site. I'm super excited about this because I love ocean life, and can't wait to be an observer who is actually present and see lots of fun things!


Then we stop in Cozumel, Mexico where we're doing our longest shore excursion of all! Our trip to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum will take us a total of 8 hours, including travel time. Apparently the site is amazing, and since Greg and I are both interested in history and culture, I think this is the excursion we will both agree we enjoyed together the most.


And our last stop in Princess Cays, Bahamas will treat us with a glass bottom boat ride. I think this will be a fun change from snorkeling as we will likely be able to go deep, farther, and see more.


I'm really happy about the mix of what seems like will be down time combined with fun adventures. Some of our shore excursions are short - only an hour or two - with the one long day in Mexico. That still leaves me lots of time on any given day to work towards my goal of: eat, sleep, read, entertain, and connect with my husband. Sweet.

Oh and I'm fairly certain that I won't get to update the blog while I'm away, but I just may sneak on a picture or two if I can. If you're just itching to see the view that I do though, you can check out our ships webcam! (Scroll down to the bottom of that page, click on the "Bridge Cam" link, and take a look.) Cool, huh?

Later, friends!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sooooo exciting! Have a blast friend... looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. ENJOY! Here's to sleeping, eating, reading, connecting with your husband, and fun excursions!

mel said...

TWO MORE SLEEPS! TWO MORE SLEEPS! TWO MORE SLEEPS!

mb said...

I've been watching the bridge webcam everyday, and the places you have seen look amazing.

I am so happy for you.