Tuesday, March 23, 2010

prenatal visit #2


date: March 22, 2010 = 16.5 weeks pregnant
baby boo's heartbeat: 153 BPM
weight: 144 lbs (another 4 pounds in a month... oh dear!)
blood pressure: perfect

- My Maternal Serum Screening blood work (the ones that look for Down Syndrome and other genetic disorders) is not all back yet, but the fact that she hasn't heard anything from my first round is a good sign.

- My regular blood work showed something wonky - some Hepatitis B stuff floating around in there. We're sure it's because I got my TwinRix Hep A & B shot about 6 hours before I did that blood work. Nonetheless, I need to be retested in about a month.

- I got approval to go in the hot tubs while we're on our cruise! Most of the risk for this is in the first trimester, and as long as I don't stay in for too long, or get too hot, it's perfectly safe for me to enjoy this little treat. So enjoy it I will! I plan on doing a hot tub dip at 2AM some night when no one is around and I can look at the stars. Heaven.

- The big ultrasound is scheduled for April 6, just after we get home from our cruise. I can call the Doctor and she will tell me the baby's gender over the phone either the day of or the day after the ultrasound. Whoo hoo! My money is on boy! :)

- I go back in 4 weeks and I get to start peeing in a cup regularly again (read: peeing all over my hand and hopefully some in the cup since the belly starts getting in the way of the view)

9 comments:

Erin said...

ha ha ha ha loved the "read" on peeing in a cup

good pic...there's definitely a baby in there huh? :)

I just want to give you a friendly reminder (although it's going to be hard for you I know) that during that 2am hot tub visit you must leave your clothes on! No naked swimming on the ship Mandi...Greg I think you may need to reinforce this in the moment :)

mel said...

Erin -- it's 100% true! How do they expect women to see past the baby belly in the first place? Thank goodness for private bathrooms with a sink!

Mandi -- YES! Hot tub time!

Oh, and also -- 4 MORE SLEEPS!

Mandi said...

Erin - ahhhhh hello, the naked swimming would only be a problem if you and Jason were there. YOU guys are the trouble makers! :P

Mel - Thanks for backing me up on the peeing in a cup business... it's tricky, eah?
Oh yes, and bring on the hot tub!

Debie said...

Oooookaaay....I think I now know what the big secret was about the cottage vacation last summer. ewwwwwwww. only problem on the boat is there will be waaaay more cameras. but, if you always wanted to make it to YouTube, this is your ticket!

mel, so you pee-ed in the sink??! not sure how that is easier. :o)

have such a great trip, Mandi!

Rachel said...

I don't think anyone ever wanted me to pee in a cup more than when I was pregnant.
Have fun! If you find a cool keychain, would you pick it up and I'll pay you back for it? My sister collects keychains.

Aunt Ange said...

I might have not great news on the hot tub thing.. ours closed at 11pm each night.. lol, check into that before you get your hopes up!

Danette said...

Mandi, you look absolutely beautiful. I am loving the bump. Everyone says that second, third and fourths always pop earlier. Worry pas about the weight, you did everything right the first time and will do everything right this time also.

Enjoy your wonderful marriage reconnection time. I think I may take a that wisdom from you and plan something for Mike and I.

Mandi said...

Debie - I don't have any ambitions to make YouTube, so I may save the naked swimming for private beaches only. And I think Mel meant that the sink was to wash her hands well after a peeing in the cup situation lead to a mess. Peeing in the sink would be an interesting feat while pregnant. There's a video for YouTube!

Rachel - keychaing. Check. I'll keep my eyes posted. I assume you don't want one from Hell? :)

Ange - the hot tubs close?!?! Bummer!

Danette - thanks for your continued encouragement, friend. You're such a positive voice! Blessings to you, and you SHOULD take that cruise or trip with Mike! You so deserve it!

Tannis said...

YAY look at you! I am so happy you and Greg are getting to go on vacation...what a dream!
I soooo understand the peeing on your hand...i've never in my life done it so much as in the last few months...my word. You look awesome and I hope you are feeling great!