Monday, March 8, 2010

baby training

This past week my in-laws, who happen to be my neighbors, were away. We visited their house each day to feed and spend time with their cat, Pickles, and also to play with the different toys in my nieces' play room. Interestingly enough, this week Asher became interested in babies - maybe something to do with the fact that we're talking about having a baby join our family each day - just a guess though :)

I took a bunch of pictures, and can't help but share. It's so precious!


I love the look on Asher's face here!

And here, too!

He can even work in the kitchen with baby in tow - what a talented boy.


Let's just hope he doesn't do this with his new baby brother or sister!


So I guess a baby doll toy has now officially made it's way on Asher's birthday wish list. It'll be good training for him, I'd say, to get used to having a "baby"around.

6 comments:

Greg (papa) said...

whoh, whoh, whoh,........whoh! It's not a "doll", it would be what is referred to as "training equipment" in the context you are describing.... My boy don't play with no dolls! :)

mel said...

Super cute ... although I'd love to know what was going through his mind while he was stuffing the doll into the freezer!

Jenn said...

That is so funny! Maybe a little more training with his own baby doll would be a good idea (Greg- don't worry...Chris asked for a doll for Christmas when he was three and he still grew up liking girls!).

Mandi said...

Greg - *gasp!* did my husband actually say that?!?!? Psychologically speaking, actually, it's very healthy for boys to play with dolls. It's how they learn to be nurturing, gentle and caring. All important characteristics for boys to grow into healthy men and father's, wouldn't you say? :P

Mel and Jenn - thanks for your comments!

Debie said...

Big Baby was the favourite sleeping friend for both of our boys. We thought that it was a great way to be an awesome Daddy. But, Big Baby was pink...this was harder for Scott to get over. :o)

Auntie Ange said...

haha no need to "buy" a doll, lol, since we have 16 of them I'm sure more than a few can go missing and we wouldn't miss them!