Friday, January 29, 2010

What we're doing today...


... enjoying being snowed in

... wearing comfy clothes

... drinking coffee (that'd be me!)

... pretending to be a cat (that'd be Asher!)

... talking on the phone

... taking care of my sick husband (he's been home from work for 3 days now!)

... feeling sore from sleeping in the guest room bed in order to avoid catching aforementioned sickness from said husband (it's a crappy bed, sorry if you've ever slept in it!)

... feeling tired from consistently getting woken up between 5:30-6:30 all week by one little guy

... can't believe it's possible that Asher is 21-months old today. I guess I should just start saying he'll be 2 in April since he's closer to 2 than he is to 1

... dreaming about that potential cruise - we have an appointment to talk possibilities with a travel agent tomorrow!

... wondering if we'll make it to Asher's swimming lesson this afternoon with that storm out there

... wanting to bake (so weird) but I don't have any eggs

... looking forward to going to my favorite restaurant with some friends next weekend

... eating a lot of cheese


What are you up to?

4 comments:

Erin said...

man I was just talking to Jason, sounds like a good storm you are getting.
-tell Greg I feel his pain
-tell you I feel your pain, that bed DOES suck :)...smart idea not sleeping together right now, that's the rule in our house too
-really? I thought it was you pretending to be cat
-wanting to bake? I think you're missing me :)
-hooray cruise!
-are you going to Asian Garden? I'm so freaking jealous! I've been craving that place sooooo bad!
-fun post...

mel said...

Do you know the flax seed substitute for eggs in baking? You can combine 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed with 2 (or is it 3?) Tbsp water, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, and there you have your egg substitute!

What were you going to bake?

Mandi said...

Erin - you got it, Asian Garden here I come!!

Mel - I didn't know that! I just got the deceptively delicious cookbook, so I was going to try something out of there. Does the flaxseed substituted work if the recipe requires just egg whites?

Andrea said...

hey just another idea for eggs...i buy egg replacer it's potato starch, etc,etc...i don't remember what else it's made from but it works great. Comes in a yellow box that i get from the grocery store and replaces 100 eggs. Just use a tsp per egg with 2 tbls water...i've used it in everything even pancakes! I love using it so that the girls can lick the spatula, fingers, bowl, and not worry about any raw egg! I think it's in the baking aisle with the gluten free stuff? can't quite remember. anyway, thought i'd let you know just in case you were interested