Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello friends, Happy New Year! Here's a little recap for you of our holiday adventures; now that we're back in the regular routine, I finally have the time to do this.

This was Asher's second Christmas, but he was definitely more interested and excited this year. He loved our Christmas tree and every morning when we came down stairs he would say, in his very cute little voice, "ptee". He was always excited to see it and look at the lights. The tree also led to his first two-word sentence; when we took it down he said "ptee gone".

Asher also loved unwrapping presents this year. He was pretty much able to open most of them on his own, but he sometimes needed a little help. He got lots of clothes and fun toys, money for his RESP, and a registration to renew his participation in his Kindermusik class. Here's a few pictures of Christmas Day.





Me, I got a Garmin Running Watch. It's pretty much awesome. I can now track my pace and distance and monitor my heart rate. It just makes running that much more fun!

We also went on a quick trip to visit my family in Cape Breton. It's very cute to watch Asher and my dad play together; to this day Asher is still making the truck sound that my dad makes when they play together. Asher also loved their dog Rusty, although Rusty wasn't too fond of Asher. We did have one disastrous night that involved hours of screaming, and ended with a suppository for Asher. Poor guy.


Asher and I enjoyed lots of time with Greg at home, and lots of visits with family and friends. Asher ate Chinese food for the first time, and consumed more turkey than I could have imagined (I am of the opinion that this was related to needing to use the aforementioned suppository).

I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I'll post more about New Years and a fun birthday party we went to soon!

No comments: