Monday, August 17, 2009

I guess I really meant what I said!

Remember the last post I wrote on Thursday how I said that I thought Asher would be walking "just around the corner"? I guess I really meant it! We went to an awesome lake on Saturday where some of Greg's relatives have a home, and Asher started walking on the beach! Like officially started walking, walking! It was so cool! He has taken a few steps here and there in the past few weeks, but this weekend he took hundreds of steps in a row before stopping. He was a bit slow to warm up yesterday, but once he was ready, the walking fun continued. I think we did about 25 laps inside a local restaurant on Sunday afternoon, with hardly any falls, and no help at all. He even turns around on his own and stops and stands still (but not for too long, mind you)!

Here's a video of one of Asher's first big walks from Saturday. Enjoy!


5 comments:

Greg (papa) said...

What you can't see in the video is the look on his face while he was walking. I'm not sure who was happier Mandi and I or him! :)

Rachel said...

YAY! Was he more tired after all those steps or was there no change?

Debie said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mel said...

WOW!!! \(^_^)/ Way to go, Asher!!!

Nikki said...

Ugh!! I'm so happy for you guys!! How awesome!!!