Thursday, August 27, 2009

the cult jacket

I finally got the Running Room jacket (aka: the cult jacket). Here I am trying to demonstrate how cool I look whilst running in it...


(Except I'm trying to demonstrate in my kitchen, and I can't really run there and take a picture at the same time. And I don't look very cool, but you get the picture.)

You've seen this jacket on runners right? It's pretty funny looking, but technically speaking, it's perfect for running. I decided to cave and buy it because I JUST JOINED THE 10K CLINIC!!!! I can't believe I'm training to run 10K. That's over an hour of running! I have a lot of hard training to do to be able to run 10K yet, but I'm excited to give it a shot.

And let's be honest here, I'm excited to wear my new jacket. How bad can that motivation be? (I totally sound like a shopaholic in the making but I swear I'm not running just so I could buy the jacket! I needed that jacket so I could run. It's true. Just watch. I'll finish that 10K clinic and prove it to you!) (Can you tell I've had this conversation in my house lately?) (And I like using brackets to indicate my random aside after thoughts.) (Whatever.) (Ha!)

5 comments:

Debie said...

you do look FAN-tanstic!!!!
more power to ya!! really, this impressed me a great deal. :o)

mel said...

Hot... except I think you may have a Kool-Ade stain on the front, there.... :)

I'm so proud of the strong woman you are to be training for 10K! Isn't it amazing how far you've come?!

moi said...

you look....cute? mean? very mandi in a cultish way

Andrea said...

wow..good for you mandi!!!

erin said...

a shopoholic in the making?!?!?! Ahhhhhhhh I think you need to drop the "in the making" part from your sentence. This is just more proof!Perhaps Greg would like to weigh in :P ha ha ha

Very cool that you signed up for the 10K clinic. Go girl go!