Monday, August 10, 2009

Beach Vacation Updates!

We're back!!!

Our week of vacation at the beach cottage was FABULOUS!


We spent lots of time connecting with family...

... and friends.

We enjoyed time by ourselves...

... and took lots of pictures.

We watched sunrises...

... and enjoyed clear sky, moonlit nights.


As much as possible, we ate outside...


... and showered outside (now that was cool, especially by moonlight!)


We played on the beach...

... and some members of our family even got naked on the beach!

We enjoyed the water...


... and we kayaked in the bay.

We read as we enjoyed an amazing view (OK, that was mostly me. And by mostly, I mean only)...


... and we watched movies with that amazing view as our backdrop.


We went for walks (and runs)...


... and watched Asher walk his first 8 steps (it's a start, but has yet to happen again!)
We played games...


... and had bonfires.


We laughed...


... and cuddled.


And I fell in love with both my boys over and over again.




We slept-in, had a break (thanks Mom!), drank too much, bar-be-cued, reconnected, relaxed, watched the tides come in and out, observed birds and sea life, and forgot about all our troubles. It was only a week, but in the end, we made memories to last a lifetime!

5 comments:

mel said...

Sigh... beautiful! So glad you guys got to enjoy such a rejuvenating experience. (^_^)

Greg (papa) said...

A rare glimpse of true "relaxation" for me, I’m glad I thought of it…alright it was her idea and initially I was against it!

Thanks friends for all the steaks, hotdogs and hamburgers you brought in for me, it made an awesome week even “beefier”.

Debie said...

Wow...so many great pictures! I can't believe how you took those with no one else around. Really cool. Or maybe you always had a friend standing by to take the shots. :o)
Super awesome about Asher walking! A start is great!!!! And, again, thanks for including us (and so many others) in your week.
Glad you are refreshed. :o)

erin said...

I'll echo Debie's thanks of including us in your week. We had a blast!

Loved looking at all the pics! This is a time when I appreciate your artistic side :)

I better not say anything else ;)

Anonymous said...

Isn't laughter great for the soul. It sounds like you had a week getting back to basics and focusing on what is truly important...friends and family. We all need to slow down and do that more often. Reflection and introspect are great for the mind. The pictures are beautiful as I am sure are the memories that made them..Lisa Wood