Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Monday's observations, on Tuesday... but it's because I was doing homework, I swear!

* It is possible for a baby to go through 4 changes of clothes in the span of 4 hours. Very possible.

* For some reason, the maximum amount of time I seem to be able to keep a plant alive is 2 years.

* When said plants begin to die, rather than have to touch dirt and re-pot them, my first impulse is just to throw them out. Thankfully this impulse hasn't carried over to my baby when I have to touch his baby goo.

* Your husband really is a complete geek if he uses a Microsoft Excel application as an example when trying to explain something to you. And it doesn't mean you are really computer illiterate if you don't get the example.

* Clay Aiken and Sarah McLachlan's Christmas albums make my heart smile. My husband, on the other hand, not so much.

* The special parking spots at the grocery store for pregnant women and mother's of babies up to 6 months, that's just more of a guideline right? I mean, I can still park there even though my baby is 7 months old, right? Who's counting, really.

* I just had the time of my life at my 2-day Mother Goose training. I could sing nursery rhymes and songs forever! Perhaps being at home with Asher is starting to get to me.

* You know you have no life when you get excited about doing homework for said Mother Goose training.

* I never would have imagined that I would feel no awkwardness about pumping my breast milk in front of other people. It's sort of like blowing your nose in front of someone... it's just a bodily function you have to carry out.

* I pretty much can't write a blog post without talking about breast milk in there somewhere. Maybe that's a little weird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is it about Greg's Christmas album that you don't like?...

Mandi said...

Oh dear, Debie, if my husband had a Christmas album, it would probably be a Guns n Roses version (yikes)! But he doesn't listen to Christmas music. So I meant that while those albums make my heart smile, he is not happy about having to listen to them.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! Scott doesn't want to listen to any Christmas music if it is not December. A Guns n Roses Christmas album...now that would be a stocking stuffer. :o)

Mandi said...

Hiiii-ya "aunt" Debie! You're welcome to be an honorary aunt if you'd like :)