Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sophie's here!

Well friends, we have a new little critter in our house. She comes in the form of a 6 inch tall, all natural rubber, edible paint, spotted giraffe toy. Her name is Sophie. And she squeaks.


Sophie actually looks surprisingly like a dog toy, with demented eyes (I know, nice kids toy, eh?). This didn't bother Asher any, and it didn't take him long to begin his work on her.


I ordered Sophie online last week. I had noticed that every baby in the universe had this little giraffe, and when I asked my mom friends about it, they all recommended her with enthusiasm. They all say their babies love her to chew on for teething. Perfect! Asher loves to gnaw on just about anything these days, and I sense teething is not far around the corner. Some of my friends called this purchase peer-pressure, or conformism, but I like to think of it as a wise, well researched, well recommended investment. And, no mom, if all my other mom friends jumped off a cliff, I wouldn't do it! Seriously!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... edible paint. I bet that would be good in a smoothie.

Anonymous said...

Mandi, Luke has Sophie and he ADORES it....she is even in his pictures we had done when he was 3 months old. It eases his teething pain, and believe me, he has pain...I think it's great that Asher has a Sophie...

Mandi said...

Mel - Asher sure seems to like the taste!

Jane - thanks for checking us out! That's awesome. You have further proved my point that EVERYONE has a Sophie! Asher seems to be really enjoying her so far!