Tuesday, August 26, 2008

no-see-um's

Last night after Asher was in bed, I was working in the kitchen. I, of course, had the patio screen door open to let in some cool evening air. Well, as I was working away, I noticed some little flies buzzing around. I at first thought they were fruit flies because I was washing and preparing cantaloupe and grapes. Only after I squished one and saw blood did I realize they were no-see-um's. I immediately shut the door because I know the little buggers can make their way through the screen, but this happened after it had already been opened for, oh I don't know, an hour or more. Now there are too many no-see-um's in my house for me to count and they are too small and too fast for me to squish and people I am going mad here! Mad I tell you, absolutely mad!

Hopefully tomorrow I will have something more dignified to post about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! No-see-ums! Sometimes it's hard for me to see the beauty in little bugs that pester me!

Anonymous said...

it seems like the bugs this year are on the attack!

Mandi said...

Rachel, it does seem like there are a lot of bugs this year, and Mel, there is nothing cute about no-see-um's! I'm sure God had a purpose in mind when He created them, but I don't have to like them! :P