Sunday, August 17, 2008

Love Salad

This recipe is one of my favorite dishes ever! I got the recipe from a friend a couple of years ago and it's been a regular in our house ever since. Greg used to think it was okay, but unfortunately I think I over did it, and now he's a tad sick of it. Not me though!

Love Salad
1/2 package fresh spinach, chopped (I just use baby spinach)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1.5-2 cups of rice (brown, basmati, anything really)
2 or 3 of the following, chopped: celery, carrot, pepper, mushroom, onion
1 cup cashews

sauce: 1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oil (I use olive)
1 clove garlic, crushed or minced

Shake sauce ingredients together in a jar, and mix over rest of ingredients. Serve (I usually add the rice when it's still hot and opt for a warm salad, but you can eat it cold too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm love salad..i should make this sometime soon!! Sherisse made it for me when she came up to help when Rachel was born. I haven't had it since so i should try again. Thanks for posting this recipe here