Sunday, July 6, 2008

A weekend of firsts

This weekend we had 2 firsts for our family (okay more like 2 firsts for me, and only 1 for our family)...

1. I was able to not only get my pre-pregnancy jeans up over my hips, but also button them up with enough room to still breath, and therefore ACTUALLY wear them! They don't quite fit me as well as they used to, and I must admit I do have a bit of a muffin top (you know, where some jiggly flesh actually spills OVER the top of the jeans... I know, classy, really classy) but the point is that I WORE them. AND I still had room to actually EAT. I'm very excited about this.

2. Asher had his very first SLEEP OVER at his Nana's. Here's what I found when I went to pick him up:

Pretty cute, huh? The report in was that everything went pretty okay, despite a little stroller mishap and some gas pains on Asher's behalf. Asher did his usual evening fussing, but still went to bed well. He got up once, at 4:30AM to eat, and then (get this) after a bit more fussing got to sleep in bed with his Nana! What a treat! AND I actually got to sleep for 6 hours IN A ROW (it would have been longer but my boobs were BUSTING!). What a treat for me too. I am hopeful that, even though Asher kept mom so busy that she hadn't had a chance to even shower by the time we picked him up, things went well enough for us to actually maybe even be able to do this again in the future. Thank God for Nana's, and thank God for ours! She's a keeper :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Here I go leaving a comment again... SHOCKER! So glad the sleepover went well. I was wondering how it all turned out. Thanks for babysitting Nana. We had a fun night out :)

Mandi said...

Hey Erin, I like your comments! It's fun to know that someone is reading out there :)