Monday, June 30, 2008

Where did 9, 10, and 11 go?

Asher had his 2-month check-up with the Doctor today. In addition to his vaccinations, he got weighed. Here's the weight report:

birth: 7lbs 6oz
2 days old: 6lbs 13 oz
2 weeks old: 7lbs 15oz
1 month: 8lbs 13oz
2 months: 12lbs 1oz
That's a weight gain of OVER 3lbs in 1 month! 3lbs in 1 month, people! My boy is g-r-o-w-i-n-g!

Check out these pictures for proof. The first one is taken while we were still in the hospital. Greg and I were clearly a little ambitious to think that those pants would fit Asher for his "going home" outfit (and thank God they didn't! Imagine pushing a baby THAT big out... OK, don't imagine it, that would be a little traumatic, but you get my point). Clearly the boy is swimming in them.


And here's Asher wearing the SAME pants 2 days ago...


He may have Greg's hair color, but I don't think he will have Greg's build.

My weight on the other hand... I'm clearly not losing in proportion to Asher's gain. Stink :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pants...they actually tell the story. i'm glad that Asher is growing. guess it was inevitable...now to find a way to stop the forward motion for my boys...how to make time stand still? Greg, an idea?

Debie

Mandi said...

Hey thanks for visiting us Deb! If you find the secret to making time stand still, please let us know! I have a feeling I'll want that very soon.

Anonymous said...

this is just a little fantastic!!! I am smiling so much my face hurts!! It's so great to watch him grow